Sunday, August 1, 2010

Embroidery Lesson








Over the past month my sister Hannah and I have had the pleasure of giving sewing lessons to three lovely young ladies. Mary Grace, Regina and Cora are three of six sisters in a family of eleven children. (Top two photos are of lessons at our house)
The first lesson we taught the basics of embroidery. For years I have loved embroidery, and I was so blessed to have the opportunity to share this skill.
Much to my delight, when our students returned for their second lesson each girl had beautifully completed their embroidered dish towels! They had so enjoyed learning how to embroider that they invited us to give a starter lesson at a summer camp they planned to attend.
Above is a picture of the kits I made for the young ladies attending the camp. Each kit contained a piece of material stamped with a design, thread, a needle and hoop.
There were approximately 30 girls, varying in ages, seated at two long picnic tables. My mother, Hannah and I demonstrated the basic stitches to a few girls at a time, and then assisted those who needed extra help. They all seemed to enjoy learning and caught on very quickly.
I am hoping in the near future to offer similar embroidery kits for sale on our website.

“She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands.” Proverbs 31:13


No comments:

Post a Comment